You’ve put in the time, effort, and money to have your teeth professionally whitened. Whether you’re looking for pearly whites that are bright and pristine or simply hoping to lighten them up a few shades after years of coffee, soda, and other tooth-staining food consumption, you want to keep your new, lighter shade for as long as possible. By following these post teeth whitening tips, you’ll be able to keep your pearly white smile in place for as long as possible.
- Stay away from dark foods and liquids for the first few days after teeth whitening, when it’s the most critical.
- If you can’t avoid drinking soda or coffee after having your teeth whitened, try drinking through a straw. This will prevent the dark, staining beverage from having as much contact with your teeth.
- Brush and floss regularly. It’s particularly important to take care of this after consuming foods that are known to cause staining.
- Brush up on your list of foods that could potentially stain your teeth. You know about red wine, coffee, soft drink, and tobacco, but did you know that soy sauce, apples, and even potatoes can stain your teeth? Make sure that you know what foods you should be avoiding.
- Add a whitening toothpaste to your routine. This isn’t a product that should be used every time you brush your teeth, but rather one that should be used once or twice a week to maintain those pearly whites.
- Keep up your regular dental visits. While a visit to the dentist isn’t a substitute for regular dental hygiene at home, you need those visits to keep your smile looking its best!
Keeping your teeth white following a whitening procedure can feel like a challenge, especially if you have diseases, genetics, or dietary habits that make it difficult to prevent your teeth from yellowing. Follow-up treatments can help maintain your pearly whites longer. Ready to schedule a teeth whitening procedure to give you back your smile? Contact us today for more information.